(1) Any person or body may make a written submission to the Heritage Council in relation to a recommendation of the Executive Director that a place or object should or should not be included in the Heritage Register.
(2) A submission under subsection (1) must be made in the prescribed form.
(3) A submission must be made within 60 days after the date on which a notice of recommendation in relation to the place or object is published under section 41.
(4) A submission must relate to—
(a) the issue of whether or not a place or object is of State-level cultural heritage significance; or
(b) any recommendation under section 37, 38 or 39 in relation to the place or object.
(5) A submission may include a request for a hearing before the Heritage Council in relation to the submission.